Monday, June 22, 2009

How would this work in my classroom?

With so many mandates to teach reading, writing and arithmatic, sometimes I wonder how can I make my class techno savvy? I want to upgrade the classroom to make it a virtual portal for parents to access, and students to enjoy. BUT HOW DO I DO THIS! I know bloggs are an easy way into to the virtual world, but how do I combat the evils of cyberbullies, predators and everything else that districts loathe. I try to be the advocate for technology, and give the educational stance of how it is beneficial, but I am up against the BOE, and the administration, (especially the tech coordinator). Everything that is social is blocked! From facebook, twitter, to skype. I am so frustrated!
Frustrated as HECK!

2 comments:

  1. This blog will be a great communication tool for parents and should not be a way for bad guys to get in. Simply be sure you turn the option to moderate all comments.
    Also make sure your principal is on board.

    Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that your blog could be a wonderful way to connect with your parents. I know in our district this has been a filtering issue in the past. But this summer, the software is supposed to be changed. Your passion for teaching comes straight through your words.

    ReplyDelete